SodaStream

SodaStream USA, inc

NORDVPN

nordvpn

Microsoft Store

Microsoft Microsoft

Florsheim Shoes

10% off Florsheim with code: LNK10

Stacy Adams

Stacy Adams

Budget Pet World

Get in the Spooky Spirit! 20% Extra Discount + Free Shipping on Everything

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Found On The Net

While going through my mail, I came across this very interesting "Suggestion". What do you think? Could it work legally? Here it is.



Dear Fellow Travelers,
I watched a discussion about the Draconian Anti-Abortion laws that several ReTHUGlican controlled States have enacted.   
Laws that illegally all but nullify a woman's ability to exercise her Constitutionally protected right to safe reproductive health care.
To begin, I personally do not believe in abortion unless it endangers the life of the mother. To me, abortion as "a convenience" is abhorrent! 
I also do not believe the Government has any right to interfere in health care decisions best left to the woman and her doctor.
A notion popped into my mind about all of this.  I honestly think it may have some standing under Law. 
Simply because someone hasn't suggested it before (to my knowledge) does not mean it isn't feasible. 
I'd honestly like for you good folks to give it some thought and let me know your ideas, thoughts and criticisms...pro or con.
This is what I've come up with:
These ReTHUGlican controlled States that have made it impossible for a woman to get an abortion, saying they want to protect the life of the unborn, need to be held accountable. 
Here's the twist I've come up with.
Since these States make the birth inevitable, they should be legally and financially responsible for all such persons born
These newborns are, in fact, the Wards of the State.  They became Wards the minute any abortion was made impossible to obtain. 
Since they are the Wards of the State, the State should be forced to pay for their total care until they reach the age of 18!  I mean total care!  The birth mother should be paid to serve as the "State's Nanny."
Let the "Right To Life" champions pay for their handy work.  After all they are more than willing to simply dump such children on society and then deny them any help. We end up paying for the attendant crime, poverty and other societal problems simply because these "Right to Life" phonies insist on their "religious" beliefs being codified into law.
We all know that the ReTHUGlican Party is not Pro-Life. 
They are Pro-Birth. 
After a child is born, it's on its own!  That isn't right since the State in effect became the "father" of the child and should have to pay child support. 
Not to do so puts them squarely in the category of "Dead Beat Dads." 
Governments go after Dead Beat Dads with a vengeance.  Well, let's force these "Pro-Lifers" go after themselves...where it hurts the most...through their wallets
Getting hit in the pocketbook for their actions might, although I won't hold my breath, give these Holier Than Thou Art assholes reason to pause. You cannot reason with insane people.  These people are One Issue Insane.
I truly feel like there is legal merit to my idea.  I would love to see someone start a legal action against all of these States in Federal Courts across the country.  It would be a spectacle to behold. 
I wonder how muted that Bible thumping would become when faced with having to pay for their State imposed "religious beliefs?"  Wonder how many would try to fade into the woodwork?
What do you think...and why?
Thanks!
Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment

Military.com

Popular Posts